Eating is one of the best pleasures of life, but eating sugar is even more so. Nothing is better to calm down anxiety than an exquisite ice cream or a chocolate bar, the bad part is all consequences they bring.
The sugar we ingest can hamper our goal of losing those extra pounds and can also be harmful to our body. There are studies that indicate the dangers of sucrose on our organism, although its main function is to help in the generation of energy and the carbohydrates transportation. The biggest debate is focused on the production of caries, diabetes, obesity and arteriosclerosis, among other pathologies.
We can find sugar in everything we consume, hence we should be careful. Drinks and sodas, for example, are loaded with sugar, as well as desserts, snacks and all kinds of products that use refined sugar for human consumption.
But, having this information in mind, do you still refuse to take sugar consumption out of your diet?
Here I give you some helpful tricks for you to detach this additive from your diet:
- Eat several times a day. When we are anxious we eat the first thing we get and usually they are always unhealthy foods, which contain sugar. By eating several times a day, in small portions, we keep the body nourished, sugar levels low and cravings to a minimum.
- Eat more protein. Protein takes longer to digest, and that gives us the feeling of fullness for longer, which means that it won't cause us to eat sugar.
- Avoid sugar at breakfast. By eating a sugary breakfast, you increase the chances of eating more sweets during the rest of the day.
- Keep your mind distracted. Being busy keeps us away from bad habits, such as eating out of regulated meals.
- Drink a lot of water. The lack of fluid in our body makes us feel hungry, but it is often just a sign of dehydration.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Prepare small snacks that will help you taste the sugar in another way and you will nourish yourself more.
- Take the junk food out of your pantry. If you still have sweets close, you will continue to eat them.
- Brush your teeth. Whenever we feel clean teeth we do not want to dirty them again, it is an effective trick.
- And never reward yourself with candy in the night. This is the worst mistake because when we are going to sleep our body goes into rest and we can accumulate more calories. But if anxiety does not allow you to sleep, just bite a carrot stick or consume a spoonful of oats, remember that it is also important not to go to bed being full because it disturbs your sleep.